Forklift Rental in Agawam, MA
As one of the largest material handling companies in New England, we understand the importance the forklift plays in manufacturing, warehousing, and construction operations. A leading forklift dealer in our own right, United Industrial Service Incorporated is proud to offer our customers forklift rentals. Businesses can reserve these indispensable machines for short or long-term use.
At present, our rental fleet includes 400 pieces of equipment of various sizes and configurations. In addition to forklifts, we rent boom lifts, aerial lifts, floor scrubbers and sweepers, pallet jacks, skid steers, and other industrial equipment. We have also partnered with the best manufacturers throughout the country to make sure we have replacement parts and fully functioning machinery. We also offer a rent-to-own option that many of our renters like to utilize.
The Essentials to Choosing a Forklift
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all forklift. Because they must often operate within confined spaces, it is important to get the measurements correct before you rent from us. You also want to ensure that the machine has the power and capacity to move and lift what it needs to. As such, we have compiled a short list of questions you should answer before you submit a rental request. Answering the following questions will help us match you with a forklift that suits your needs in short order.
- What is the maximum capacity of the load?
- What are the size of the pallets (max and average) and the size of the load? (Is there overhang of product over dimension of the pallet?)
- How high are you lifting?
- Lift Height (Measure top rack and add 4-6” for lift off)
- Lowered Height (Measure all door heights, and ceiling heights)
- Free lift (For lifting and double stacking in trailers or areas with low ceilings)
- Are there any lowered height restrictions? (Low pipes, lights, sprinkler systems, etc.)
- What is the aisle width?
- What type of surface are you operating on? (Cement, tar, packed gravel, etc.)
- Is the truck for indoor or for outdoor use?
- Fuel types LPG, diesel, gas, or electric?
- Electric trucks need to have a charger if over a day use. What is the line voltage and phase that is in the building where the forklift is being used?
- Do you have the means to wire an industrial charger or do you need a 110-volt AC charger (only for short term rentals)?
- Do you need any attachments?
We would be glad to help with any on site survey at your facility to confirm your rental needs.
With over 35 years in business, United Industrial Service Incorporated has become a leader in the field of forklift rentals. Business owners across the state can take advantage of short- or long-term rental options to help them increase production and improve operations. Contact us to learn more.